FATHER'S DAY...IT'S FOR YOU DITA.......

Well….it’s Father’s Day tomorrow….And as always, I donot really get highly overwhelmed with the idea of celebrating itwith my dad….Of course I will wish him, of course I will tell him that I love him…And of course I will tell him that I miss him…But then, I will not do something exclusive to make him extraordinary today, and make him feel him special on this so called SPECIAL day…..

Well, by now, I’m sounding like somebody, who doesn’t really care about her family, and specially her dad…. I sound rude, harsh, emotionless and top of that foolish, not to celebrate this SPECIAL DAY with her dad…But then I have my own reasons…

How can I just dedicate only one day of my life to my Dad in the entire year, when the reality is that the entire life of mine is given by him…How can I just make him special only for a day, when my one and only goal in life is to make him special for all his life…How can I just say that I miss him, when I actually die to be with him….How can I just dare to say that I love him, when he is the only person who taught me what it is to love and care without asking anything back….

Well, yes….my dad, my Dita….it’s all about you..It’s all about you that makes me who I am…It’s you, for whom I can dare to be the careless Princess, without bothering to know the the ugly world…It’s you, for whom I can dare to dream big, without bothering about the hard road it stores….It’s you, for whom I can do away with getting trapped in any problem life stores, without getting hurt… And most importantly, it’s you, for whom, I can overcome any hard time, bcuz you make me feel I’m much, much stronger than any of those harsh blows life can decide to store for me….

Yes, people come and go in my life….they have their own influence in my life, some make me feel I’m worth more than I seem to be (they are the ones who make me also feel that I’m blessed), some make me feel I’m good for nothing (not that I care much) and some just stay there being nothing but mere strangers for me (well, I donot even know why do they come to my life)…But, it’s you Dita, who always stands by my side without even making me feel that you’re there…Ans it’s when a blow lands on my head and I lose balance, do I know that you hold me, restraining from falling down…And that’s when I know you were always there witnessing my each and every move, letting me experience everything on my own, yet keeping a sharp eye on me, lest I fall down…And, when I do start falling down, you come over, saving me from witnnessing the minutest scratch…

You do everything that makes me feel like a Princess…You choose the best of the best for me…..You consider me to be the best daughter anybody can ever get (well, I love to think the same, although I let you down many a times)….You truly believe I deserve the best in the world….And, when I shed tears, you intend to destroy the very reason that makes me shed thoses tears…You make me stay miles away from the badness of this world and make me feel that it is a fairytale plot….You donot make me realize that there are thousand things in life that I lack, and for which I’m not worthy at all…..You just make me believe that I’m worthy of the best in life and I am just so perfect….

And, all these while, when I have been staying away from you, I realize these even more…I miss every bit of your presence in my life…everyday, every moment…I miss those times, when you used to make me sit beside you and tell things about the beautiful world…I miss those evenings when you used to listen to my endless ramblings and never telling that you hardly understood what I tried saying (well, I just loved ramblings things without any motive)…I miss those mornings, when you used to be late to work, yet used to stand by my side to let me be done with my lazy breakfast…..I miss those times, when I used to get into all crazy naughtiness (including singing that scared everybody away) and you used to convince mom that she should let me carry on (‘Let her sing na’..you used to say..’who knows that makes her happy’)…I miss those times when a single word from you used to take away all my tensions and worries in life (which still does)…Most importantly I miss the feeling of safety and protection that you usd to ensure when you used to put your arms around me…I so miss every bit of it…

Yes….you are missed every moment of my life Dita…You are the one person in my life whom I dedicate my life to…I know, I don’t do things which are upto best of your expectation…But, you can trust me o one thing, whatever I do, I never want you to suffer from its consequences…I never really want to let you down to the extent of losing your faith in me…I might not be the perfect daughter if you measure me in the general average standards…but, I know that’s hardly going to effect your love and care for me…..And that makes me feel so proud of myself….’Cuz I have the luxury of having the best dad in the world….

So, can you see Dita, why I donot get highly excited about this special day…Cuz,with you around every single day of life is special and for you I cannot just afford to dedicate ONLY ONE day…You are missed every moment, you are loved with every breathe and you are needed in every step of my life Dita…So, you are celebrated every day in my life…Your presence is celebrated every moment in my life…And, I proudly feel blessed everytime I realize I have you (and that happens every second)…..

So, this one goes for you Dita....A simple yet heartfelt confession (which i always try protecting within myself)...I wish, someday bring you every bit of wonders down to your feet...I know, you will never want me to prove my love for you, but i wish, one ay you reall feel proud to be my Dita....

Love you Dita…..

No comments:

Post a Comment