CHANGLI MUMBAI...AAMCHI MUMBAI...

From my diary: Sunday, 30th Oct, 2011
Well, my packing is done, I can see all my packed red bags from my bed too...Yes, just a few hours left for me in this city...It's time I look back and see what the city made me go through...It's also the time to open up my heart to the ones who made a difference in my life in the city...

Mumbai...The city where I had landed up, completely because of some strange twists in life, because of some unknown coincidences and most importantly because I was destined to...And barring few not-so-happy mismatches, the city offered me much more than I had thought while landing up for the first time...It showed me many many more facets of life than I had seen in my entire life...It had made me aware of much more depth of being alive than I could have ever realized...It had made me witness many many more incidents and accidents than my mind can ever store...And most importantly, it had made me learn to face life in a much more maturity than I could ever imagine...Yes, it has also made me shed much much much more tears than I had ever done in my life, but we would not talk about that, because end of the day, every wiped off teardrop makes one lesser for the future...So, it's alright to shed some, as long as you learn to wipe them off...And, most positively, I've learnt to...So have no complaints...

The very first time when I had visited Mumbai I was kind of lost in the hustles and bustles of the city...Coming from a city which sleeps early and where laid back is the most common attitude, Mumbai seemed a fast running local train to me...It took little time for me to digest the fact that everybody here runs at a speed which takes little effort to match up, atleast for the likes of me...And this effort brings an overpowering energy to those who try to really keep up to the speed that he wants to run with...The city truly never sleeps, as everybody says, and also never lets you lose your dream...No doubt people call it the city of dreams...And if you take a closer look, the city has something that you don't find anywhere else...And that is the vibe that makes you discover your own self...And this is something I will love Mumbai for...

Well, life in Mumbai is an eclectic mix of experiences...Some in bits, some in pieces, and also some in huge slices...Also, some comes like the cherry on the top of a sumptuous cake...But, each of these brings a completely different view to life, and that surely leaves one in positive vibes, also occupied, to relish the beauty of life..Somebody had someday told me. Mumbai brings energy to your soul, and I completely agree to it...Mumbai lets you explore your own soul and thereby makes you witness the inner aura of yourself, leading to rediscovering your strengths...Mumbai does so much justice to your persuation of dreams....It reveals so many facets of a single life and thus lets you pick the one you are most comfortable with...

In a true meaning, I never explored the real vibes of the city...I always kept myself away from the little pleasures of enjoying the city like a true Mumbaikar does...My sad phobias towards a bundle of things fueled this up...Couldn't do some real travelling in local trains (which was a sheer amazement for me when I first experienced local trains), couldn't ever go and sit by the sea side in the evenings and lose myself in the coastal vibes, never really tasted the widely talked about strretfoods, couldn't indulge in street shopping in Colaba and most unfortunately failed to explore Mumbai aimlessly on an off day or on a late night...But then, what I did in this city is something I will cherish all my life...

A set of things came on my way in this city, which makes so much sense in my life...When I came to this place I knew what I wanted...And that was only one person...My whole story in Mumbai revolved around that person and apart from that I had nothing in my sight...I needed everything from that person, all the love, all the care, all the attention and life meant only that...But apparently, one day woke up with the realization that it was not going to be the way I wanted...That person was already miles away from me and me being all alone in this unknown city was the only truth in my life..And by the time I was ready with my next move I was convinced with a fact that it's time my self search started...I was in a stage where I needed to realize what I wanted from life and what could make me happy to be me...Well, I always knew what I wanted to do in my life (at least for my own sake), but never had the courage to say nothing to the ones who had wanted a different meaning in my life..And, strangely enough this time. I had the courage to give my interest a shot...Finally, got into a job, very close to my interest and one fine morning discovered that, yes I was in love with what I was doing...Well, it didn't seem so easy, when practicality stroke, but it did make me go through a roller coaster ride...And, this ride was no less than a journey of a lifetime...It brought few people in my life, whom I could look upto, who made me realize my strengths, who constantly made me feel that I was loved and supported, and whom I will treasure all my life...And, I will thank Mumbai all my life for this...

Mumbai teaches you things no other place can do...Every morning is a new one, cuz it brings something new on your plate...Every cab ride makes you witness something unique on the road, every signal shows you an all new facet of life, and everyone you come across has a story to tell...You think I'm exaggerating...Hell, no...I witnessed an all new incident and accident in the 5 minutes ride to office every morning...If I come across an arrogant teenager fighting with her mom in a BMW one morning, I see one with a little kid by her side begging, the next morning...If I get a ride by a driver who politely gives back your change till the last 50 paise one morning, the next I land up in someone's cab who starts abusing you for not carrying change and ends up keeping your 8 bucks cuz you couldn't give 2 rupees change..If I meet an old aunty in her 60s buying a Valentine's Day card for her husband, I also happen to meet young couples in the coffee shops fighting constantly without bithering about people hearing them...If I find myself sitting in a corner of the same coffee shop, all alone with half of the items on the menu on my table, I also see gang of friends chatting, giggling and having a time of pure pleasure over their shared coffee and sandwiches....What a mix of experiences this city makes happen to your life...And, the best part of all of it is, you start to realize you are alive...

Good, bad, ugly and mesmerising...Yes I had all kinds if experience in Mumbai...On one hand, this city made me a stronger person, on the other it hit my confidence and brought it down...Learnt to fight back every blow on my face, but also learnt that crticism is such a part and percel of life...While I always liked to just get into a cab and roam in the old Mumbai, it always put me off when few lost souls threw unnecessary attention everytime I was out...Now, that is bad...But, nonetheless, nothing major sadness happened, and I didn't have to use my taekwondo skills anywhere...So, I have no serious complaints...

I think, talking about Mumbai and not discussing monsoon, well that's a complete sin...The beautiful showers here are some of the best experiences one can go through...Late May, or early June, when the first downpour wets the soil, you experience complete fantasy...The muddy smell soothes your nasals, the silvery droplets caress your body and the soft coolness just gets into your nerves...You see only dreams, you experience only dreams and your world turns into one dreamland...And if you are little expressive, thoughts overpour into your head, and if you put them down, trust me you can be a lyricist...You get inspired to fall in love, with the ones you already love, with the ones around you, with things lifeless and with things you have never even seen...In a word, your life changes, in a fairytale way, with love being your life, and hatred being something you've never known...And, you forget the bad, forgive the guilty and renew your life...Such purity and soulful inspiration monsoon brings to Mumbai...Well, you do face problems pouring on your way, like the continuous downpours, but once you are out there getting drenched in the rain, all your complaints, irritation, and gloomyness just get washed off...And, if you can dance in the rain, well, you need to experience it, you can trust me on this one...

Can I ever finish talking about Mumbai...Never...So, here I wind up...But not before revealing the reasons, why I fell for the city so deep...First, it's the fact that in Mumbai, I got to know what I'm going to be in my life...Well, this bit is still better not revealed, but I know someday I will do what I'm meant to...Second, it's few people whom I got to know in this place...Some people whom I always thought I knew, but turned out to be strangers...And, some people, I met new, but ended up being someone, I have placed at the bottom of my heart...Somehow, I give myself a pat on my back, for choosing to set of this journey, otherwise I might not have witnessed what I did, otherwise...And, I will love Mumbai for this one, always...

My bags are packed, and as the morning comes I'll set of...But, along with my luggage, I will also carry a new world with me...A world, I created in Mumbai, all alone, with few people I will love all my life...I didn't do extraordinary things here, but learnt to find happiness in ordinary things...Didn't accomplish anything highly recomendable, but recognized what I'm meant to accomplish...Didn't achieve big stars, but figured out what does it take to achieve real peace in life...And, most importantly, I will remember Mumbai for being a real fairytale for me with its eclectic mix of uncertain, astonishing but amazingly pleasant facets...

Well, truly Mumbai changli ahe...Aamchi Mumbai it is and will be for me...Always...

No comments:

Post a Comment