OLD SONGS...OLD MEMORIES...AND FLASHBACKS....


Well, it’s been a week, I’ve been listening to a playlist of Hindi songs…On a regular basis, I avoid listening to them, as they make me really emotional and my eyes get teary…And, this is one thing, I have been avoiding in last few months (yeah, I have made myself believe that I don’t deserve to cry no more…)…But then, these days, somehow, got a playlist that has all the Hindi songs that are ultimately romantic and well, me kind of liking it…I just skipped mentioning one thing about these songs, that they straightaway take me to those moments when I had listened to that particular song for the first time…Coming back, now too I’m listening to a song that reminds me of an evening in 2008, July...Well, almost 4 years back...But, still I remember everything so bright and clear...And, as I lose myself in the soothing beats of this song, all that I was doing at that particular evening come flashing back to my memory, and somehow I see everything happening in front me, as if those are happening now, right at this very moment…

Well, it was the last day of the month...I was travelling back to Bangalore from my home…Bangalore, being the place where I had been staying in (of course for my studies and all) for almost 4 years till then, had more connection with my heart than my own home town (I guess, that’s ‘cuz, that was the time, I was truly growing up, and was through a phase that had the influence to make or break any connection with anything)…And, after staying for over a month in my home town, this comeback was more like coming back to one’s workplace after a long soothing vacation…And, yeah, predictably I was insanely happy (although missed my Dita and Momu), crazy with excitement, and was altogether in a completely different world…Well, I had real good reasons behind all that excitement…

Coming back again, my flight had landed at 6 that evening…By the time I was out of the airport to catch a red Volvo that would take me to the main city, it was almost 7…I still remember, I had occupied seat no 24…Me, in my complete black attire (as usual), with my red luggage and my trademark coffee (that I had picked up from the airport stall), yeah, like a super strong kid I was all set to rush to the cute city…What made me doubly excited was my phone…I was continuously on it (from the time I had landed) talking to someone whom I then believed to be my soul mate…Yeah, yeah, this was one of the many reasons why I was extremely happy to be back in the place…’Cuz, we had bouquet of dreams, that we had craved together, over previous few years, were going to come true in the next few years (or did we think months???)...All we were discussing that evening was all those innocent dreams and hopes…We were at the peak of our excitement, happy, and in fact overwhelmed, ‘cuz we believed nothing could and yeah, would go wrong from that point…And, yeah, that was when this particular song was being played in the bus, over and over again…It was a new song, by Atif, pre releasing the movie, and was accumulating a lot of popularity…And, yeah, you guessed it right, it was a romantic number, which was adding the extra glitters to my eyes…

The next day was my first class in my MBA course…And so was his…He was on the way to a place which was away from the city…And, that was the only thing that had made me little sad that evening, ‘cuz we would not meet each other for at least some time…But, we had bigger plans, so this didn’t matter much… We were going to start a new life...And, we believed, end of it was the world we were dreaming of in all those days till then...We believed, we would soon going to be together again once we finish doing what we had planned to do in the next few months…And then, we believed, our small world would be complete…We believed, we were destined to be one, one day, ‘cuz, we were bonded by love…And, no matter what, this bond would keep us tied forever, and for always…We knew, things would change...And we believed, they would change exactly the way we wished for...Exactly the way we dreamt of, with our eyes, open and closed…That evening, we were soaked in an ocean of dreams, hopes of fulfilling those, and most importantly in love…And, that’s how, without me knowing (and acknowledging) the evening marked a stone-craved presence in my memory…

Well, over the time, the days ahead didn’t really turn out to be what we had dreamt of, what we had planned as and what we believed to be…Yeah, things did change...But, not the way we hoped and wished for...They happened, with a turn of an angle, that’s of complete 360 degree...Those dreams we saw together turned out to be mere illusions, those plans we made together turned out to mere insanity, those wishes we hoped to come true turned out to be just some pages of my diary…Everything changed…We lost ourselves to the insanity and craze of situations, which we thought would never affect us…We changed our priorities (did we really have to???), we changed our ways to look at life, we changed our views on life, and most importantly we changed (or we forced to change) the way our hearts beat…Yeah, love was a mistaken identity, care was replaced by avoidance, and the world we wanted together was nothing but a non-existent entity…Yeah, things did change… All, that we had together stayed merely as some moments of the bygone days and those moments kept walking on the memory lanes…Someday, accidentally, even I end up walking along those, and yeah, relive them….But, certainly accidentally, not willingly…

And, today, as I listen to this song, everything from that evening is rushing back, flashing back to my memory, engulfing my senses...Me, dressed all black, seat no 24, looking at the fast running greenery through the window, engaged in the freshness of the outskirt beauty of the city, my phone stuck to my ears, his exciting and soothing voice over it, loads of reasonless giggles, loads of useless chatters, loads of unnecessary pauses...Well, everything, yeah, everything is just so so fresh in my memory...I’m not sure how I feel at this moment, but one thing I’m really sure of, and that’s being, I’m stunned right now…’Cuz, even if I didn’t ever realize, it’s almost 4 long and long years, since I had that evening…

Well…These songs, I tell you...Can really make one crazy...And, yeah, probably that’s what I truly am right now…

No comments:

Post a Comment