OLD PICTURES, MEMORIES....AND SOME MORE....

Looking at the old photographs; and looking back at time
Having a dimmed smile on my lips; and yeah, I’m all fine
Recalling those laughters; happy, loud and clear
It’s strange, how we were one then; so in love and so very near
The world was small; all we did was dream, play and hum
It was a fairytale; with me and you being awesome twosome
Didn’t want anything from life; but you and only you
Thought, assumed and believed; you did the same too
Together we laughed, wept; and waited for the next day to come
Dreamt of our first vacation; and when we would sit under a rose gum
We believed, we would live like that forever; and for always
No matter what came on us; we would find our ways
Then came those days; when we didn’t see each other for weeks, and some more
I didn’t know you were going away; 'cuz I was still busy dreaming on the sea-shore
Then you really went away for good; never came to see me and never called
My world was shattered, saw only the dark sky; with my dreams sprawled
Those laughters dried, eyes cried; and could see no rays of hope
Didn’t know how to look ahead; life seemed like walking on a ridge rope
Days passed by, turned into weeks; months, and then into years
You turned into memory; first very clear and then into vague smears
I don’t think of you anymore; and I know you no more
I gave you my heart, but you preferred to stay in those old pictures; which I never tore
Today as I see your face I smile a bit; and think of your promise
Yes, the one you made; and yeah, which you could never keep
But, it’s alright; I’m done with it, and also fine
With you leaving, I found my own world; with some more sunshine
I cherish those moments with you; but never wish you back
With you I was a pampered princess; but without you, I’m on the rightest track
Yeah, every cloudy day also brings; a promise of a new one in store
And, that makes us wish for a better tomorrow; and hope little more
I close the album down, sigh; some tears roll down, but I smile
I had an amazing past; although little teary, yet worthwhile
My anger’s gone, grudges vanish; and I don’t hate you anymore
I’m smiling, and also thanking you; for the memories that I could store
We might never cross our paths; in the days to come
But, just want you know; memories of you are always happy, and also warm

No comments:

Post a Comment