A WAY TO HAPPINESS...LI'L DROPS OF HAPPINESS...

Well, it’s not a very happy evening today…The dinner that I didn’t eat, the medicines that I didn’t take, the endless mugs of coffee that I was not supposed to intake and the evening walk that I didn’t go for and which could have lifted my mood up, all-together I had a terrible time this evening… Basically it was an evening I would like to forget as soon as possible… Well, for those who think I’m a drama-queen, and also over-reacting, and not trying to fix what’s not right, well, it’s not that… I actually am going through things, that I would most likely like to avoid, and since at this point in time, I’m not able to do so, this evening, my mind and heart both together had decided to decline my further commands, and thereby had refused to work just right… It’s not that I could blame any of the both, or for that matter anyone else too, and hence I was almost struggling to find a way that let nothing spill out further, of my almost insane brain…

Nonetheless, as I saw no end to the frustration, and knew, there’s hardly anything that could cool me down, I decided to do something that could somehow make me feel it was still me, and not some un-named spirits getting into my body, in fewer words, I was trying to decide on my last resort… After some thought, I took my guitar, and went up to the terrace, and decided to strum something random… As I reached there, I occupied a corner of the huge space, and knew that that corner would be the place I was going to stick to atleast for the next couple of hours… The breezy surroundings made me realize that I actually did the right thing by coming upstairs, cuz, the atmosphere around me was nothing less than magical, and the magic somehow could easily get into my spirit, making me tenderly drowsy…

I sat there, staring at the sky… The weather, although windy was not cloudy, and the sky, with the tiny golden stars on it, was replicating that of a golden studded mattress… I stared at it, and as I did so, I realized there were droplets of water getting accumulated in the corners of my eyes… Soon, there were two streams of tears, silently and without me knowing, running through my cheeks… As they reached the hollows of my neck, I could feel that I was crying, but to my surprise, I couldn’t figure out why… As I wiped them off, and took my eyes off the sky, I started wondering why I started crying like a kid, all of a sudden… Though I couldn’t come to a conclusion on the reasons behind my tears, I could feel that those were not some tears of sorrow, rather I was really happy… I realized, somehow the starlit turquoise sky had taken my sadness away… And, strangely enough, after spending a long evening without smile, I smiled for the first time for that evening, a smile, which was rather a bright, a very bright one…

I started strumming my guitar… Well, I’m not a terrific player, of course owing to the fact that I’m a terribly terrible one when it comes to practising the instrument on a daily basis… And so today too, I hardly could play the song that I was trying to play, and so I ended up creating some chaotic free-flowing music of my own… But I realized, it hardly mattered, cuz I was completely enjoying what I was doing… I was completely in sync with the musical peace that the breeze was blowing with, and I felt, I had turned to be a part of it… Maybe, the magic of the place had got into my inside, and I was just not being able to help but get myself in the mood of getting drowsy with ecstasy…

I didn’t realize how much time had passed by… As I kept my guitar aside, I got up and put my playlist on, on my ears… I happen to have an amazing collection of music (atleast to my own understanding), from various genre, starting with Indian fusion, to Sufi, to Elektronica, to Rock, to soothing country and folks, yeah I keep everything stored in my playlist… This acts as my saviour in million occasions, when I’m down and blue, when I have a bad day at work, when I have a heart-break, when I have a rather bitter argument with my loved ones, and when I realize I’m beyond my own control, and well, not to forget even when I’m genuinely happy… Yeah, in each of these situations, this playlist makes me realize how worthy, heavenly and timeless those seven chords are… And today too, as I tuned my playlist on I realized, I was going to enter in a world of sheer joy and calmness, which otherwise was really turning into a rare entity atleast on this particular day… And, yeah, I was so right… As I started listeninglist to the , a song played which said, no matter what, I should never cry, rather shed tear of joy, cuz I’m alive… I realized, maybe I should have tuned my playlist on even before the evening started, cuz, if I had, by now I would have completely got out of the pain and agony that I was going through, all afternoon, towards this late at night…

It was turning really late… My long curls were completely messed, my eye-lashes were drenched with dew-drops in the breeze, my skin was turning dry cuz of the continuous wind, and I was cold too… But, inside my chilled body, I had a heart, that was warmed by the magic of the evening… I failed to understand how, but the purity that the beauty around me had, had actually made me come out of the terrible sorrow that I was going through… I realized, there could never be anything better than the simplicity and purity that the priceless elements in the environment around me create, to heal the pain that the materialistic world around me brings me to face… I realized, there maybe a million materialistic things that I find my happiness in, but the ones that could actually make me happy and find peace of my mind in, were the ones that come at no cost… The starlit turquoise sky, the deep darkness with the silvery moonlight spread across, the unknown fragrance floating around, the soft velvety breeze, and yeah, the un-named magic, every single thing in the lot just turns me drowsy, tenderly drowsy…

I realized, as the night progressed, I was completely away from the frustration that was running through my veins, I forgot about the unknown chaos that was not letting me sit in a single place, and most importantly, I came out of the restlessness that was not letting me see other reasons to be happy… And now, in the midst of this priceless magic, I found myself back… I got back to my own self, and I realized life is much more than getting hassled by mundane incidents and of course accidents…

I placed my guitar back in the bag, closed my playlist and rose up to my feet to walk back to my room… Yeah, back to a chaotic world again, but I knew this time I was not going to lose my cool again… Cuz, I had already realized, even if I did I also knew what could be the best way to come back to a state of peacefulness, and thereby a state of pure bliss…

Yeah, amidst the chaotic schedule of mundane duties, I found a way to enjoy my share of happiness... My share of calm and priceless happiness... And, most importantly, my share of a bunch of li'l drops of happiness...


No comments:

Post a Comment