GOODBYE 2011...



Well…Already in the last few days of 2011...Yes, the year almost got over…10 days, and we would see yet another new year…And, this gives me a need to look back and see what the bygone year brought me, what it took away, what I could do, what I couldn’t do, what I thought of doing and ended up in null, what I thought of doing never and ended up repeating often…and the list goes on…And, I feel a sheer need of doing this, because I know, by doing so, I would get some real pleasures of knowing what I had gone through in a long year, and if at all I could gather anything from the same…

Well, when I started 2011, things were not so happening in my life…With a broken relationship to handle, in an unknown (and not-so-favourite) city, with everyone around as strangers, almost all alone, yes life was not really anything highly motivating and happening…To add to the bouquet of worries, had a job that paid so little that I had hardly any way to feel proud of myself…But, only reason I was not able to leave my job was the fact that I was completely in love with it, and waking up every morning to go to my workplace was something I excitedly waited for every night before going to bed…Well, life was not really so difficult ever before… And, with everyone closed to me constantly nagging me to come back (they were genuinely worried of me suffering) to where my life could be as comfortable as I wished to, was something that added the extra bit of restlessness to my already bruised soul… And, yes I thought of quitting too…Many and many a times… But, somehow, something inside me told me to carry on, and somehow I kept postponing my plans of giving up …And, one day I knew that I was not going to give up…I knew, I was not going to let any excuse come on my way to convince me to see the easy and short...I knew, rather, I was going to fight with situations and make it happen in my own way...I was ready to face the challenges as they appeared in front of me, and I was ready to make my weakness my strength...And, today when I look back, I feel so proud for taking such a decision...Cuz, I see now, that that single decision had changed my life completely, and made me aware of what I actually want from life...

I know, I know, my journey in life has just begun, and I have miles to go...But, by now, I know on which route I'm supposed to walk, on which route I need to walk, on which route I should walk and most importantly, on which route I want to walk...And all this is, in order to reach the destiny I have figured out for myself...And, personally, that in itself is no less than an achievement for me...Yes, it is...Given that, half of my life I stay confused and can never figure out the right thing for myself, this very first step certainly does hold a magnificent importance...What's more, this baby step is more like the very first big leap, after which the complete journey seems rather a smooth relaxing walk...And, I'm so grateful to that decision of mine which made my this baby step possible...

In the bygone year, lot of such events took place which would always make me look back to this year again and again, and cherish those events and moments in every possible occasion...Yes, the time that is soon going to be history, have brought me amazing bunch of experiences and those, are something that are in the process of building my life, might be in bits and pieces, but yes those are...And, today, I realize, each of those moments is a very very strong brick on the wall of my life, and they are so perfectly cluttered together that, even if one slab is removed, the wall will not have its now perfect look...Yes, each and every moment from those time mattered, matters and would always do... Came across people who taught me critically needed lessons on truths, came across situations that showed me few hidden but real facets of life, came across ideas that could enlighten my darkness-encaved soul, yes, in a year of 365 days, came across an ocean of experiences, each differing from each other, each having its own charm, each of different intensity, and most importantly each with a completely different influence in the complete picture…That makes me agree to one of the punch lines that I have come across in the recent times (for a brand on which I worked), which is also my personal favourite, that says, ‘A day is not just a day, but a million eclectic moments, waiting to surprise you’…Yes, a day of million moments, a month of few such days, and a year of few such months, together a million million eclectic moments, actually did make me witness a sea of surprises of varied kinds… But, the commonness in all these is that, each of these had its own share of importance in my life, and that, is something that makes me feel so blessed and happy…

If I look back now, I realize, what made the gone year so very interesting for me is that during this year I came across people who would be always treasured all my life...In an unknown city, in middle of thousand unknown faces, managed to know few who made me feel so me...They always told me that at times I might fall down, but, that by no means meant that I’m weak…They told me, I’m more than what I always thought myself to be…They also told me, I could do whatever I wished to, only thing I needed to do is keep myself grounded and not let myself float in the sea of worries that I happened to face that time...They told me to shed tears, but at the same time taught me to wipe them...They told me to hide the vulnerable me inside a mask to stay safe from the rude world...They constantly told me I was much more stronger than I could even imagine...These might seem mere words, but this was what I needed at that point of time, to get myself together, to regain my faith, and most importantly to stand on my own feet…Met people who pampered me like a kid, who taught me like a student, who cared for me like my own parents, who let me get spoilt with affection, who hugged me when I went weak on my knees…And, most importantly, they never criticized me for being me, always let me be me, and yet stronger and matured…I tried knowing them, and they knew me back...I loved them, and they loved me back…And, most importantly made me feel that they are there, always, right by my side, even if I don’t happen to realize…Yeah, what more could I ask for, when I had people of this genuineness with and around me, exactly when I needed someone???

Well, today, when it is just a few days left for me to say a final goodbye to the goneby year, a sense of pride overrides my emotions…Pride, on being able to come across experiences that talks more of living than surviving…That talks of giving and recieving love...That talks of letting go than holding back…That talks of forgiving than forgetting…That talks of focusing more on the positives than cursing on the negatives…That talks of finding bigger happinesses in the small things than sensing little happinesses over bigger possessions…In short that talks of filling up this human life with heavenly pleasures…And, these pleasures are much much above than the mundane cribbings, chocking responsibilities, unrealistic search for joy, bruised emotions, shattered life events and most importantly attempted unfairness to our own souls…

Yeah, every single moment teaches us so much…Exposes us to so many facets all together…Reveals so many secrets of life…Takes us through a mini-journey… And, we don’t really have to bother why it happened…Cuz everything happens with a purpose…Every incident and accident in our lives has a reason why it occurs… And, the best part of each of these is that, once we come across them, it leaves some immortal asset with us, and we are left as a better person…Well, isn’t this betterness good enough to make the lives of our loved ones little better than they always have been…And, I'm fortunate to experience exactly this betterness, with everything that has happened in the time gone by...This very thought makes me feel so content and so pleased…My heart leaps with boundless joy, thinking of what I have gained, than worrying about what I could not… And, yes, this makes me feel so complete…

With this completeness, I’m all ready to welcome a brand new year…A year, where I hope to see everyone around me achieving the contentment they desire for…I wish and hope to see my parents smiling (and if it’s because of me, I would be in seventh heaven), my loved ones fulfill their dreams, their loved ones smiling and everyone else smiling too…And for myself…All I wish for myself is to be able to accept things the way they appear in front of me, never complaining, never to let my loved ones shed even a drop of tears because of me and yes, spread a little happiness around…But, most importantly, I wish to see the small drops of happinesses that come wrapped inside the small events that those million moments of an everyday brings…

Goodbye 2011, you were and will always be such inspiration in life…

No comments:

Post a Comment